Julie Rock Photography
I have had a passion for photography and a camera in my hand for as long as I can remember. When I was about 8 years old, I got my first camera, which was a Kodak disc 4000. I took it everywhere with me-camping, family vacations, friends homes, literally everywhere!
I eventually inherited my stepdad’s Minolta Maxxum 7000 which I used for years until I was introduced to the digital world. What a difference going from film to memory cards! I am able to take so many more pictures now, and this allows me to explore my creativity to the max!
In 2008, I married my amazingly supportive husband Tyler! In 2010 and 2011, we added 2 more beautiful boys to our growing family. Now our family is complete with the birth of our beautiful daughter in 2014.
Today our household is full of life and laughter with a whole lot of noise (which we are all used to, being that I have run a home daycare for the last 20 years!)
From capturing their first few days of life to their first birthdays and catching those sweet natural expressions of innocence that only children have, I love that I have the ability to make memories of those special moments! Which is why I love children of all ages & have to admit that they are by far my favourite to photograph!
Here are 5 things about me (just for fun!) :
1. My full first name is Julie-Lynn but I go by Julie, Jules and some of my family call me J.L.
2. I LOVE SOCCER!! and after a short hiatus, I am finally back on the field!
3. Chocolate is my downfall, if it is my house I WILL eat it!
4. My sister and I are extremely close-like crazy close. There isn’t anything she doesn’t know that is going on in my life.
5. I have never been outside of Canada-as an adult ! (I know, crazy right??!!) I plan to change that one day soon!